Find us on Social Media

For the most up-to-date news on the Vancouver Island Hare Scramble Series, check us out on social media:

Facebook - 

Instagram -

2011 Brentwood 2 Day Hard Enduro
unofficial times / Forum

36 replies [Last post]

PeterSprague's picture

Hi Everyone,

Here are the unofficial Brentwood 2 Day Hard Enduro cumulative test times. The list is arranged by your PN#.

Unofficially, the Brentwood overall top three are: Cordner, Dey, and Stokes. Guess those "old fat men" can still show some of the young ones up.

There are still questions around some of the B riders check times. Before I can release the results, I need to confirm their data. If you see a DNS or DNF mixed in your data, don't jump to conclusions. That just means that I need to verify the data, which I have marked with yellow. The B rider data in question has ??? in their final times.

Nice bit of news for the Junior - Over riders is that they only had to ride one lap per day and rode more tests than required. I took their best Test 1 and Test 2 times for their scores. They hung in there for Day 2, and it was worth it. Finisher and Podium medals well deserved.

Peter

AttachmentSize
2011_Brentwood_unofficial_times.pdf24.91 KB
Jarrett's picture

So, I know I said dont care too much, but I know my time for my second test was not 19 minutes and 32 seconds. I was definitely on for this test each time. there might of been a miscalculation and it might be 9:32. same with my 4th test, as I road better the second time through with no mistakes. Might then be 10:51 or 9:51. I know my pace was fast through this section. Guess it would be useful to time yourself to know for sure. But, I do know that 19:32 is way off.

looki's picture

I dont know. I watch my video and I was 10:50 through that test sooo 19 minutes is about right for you :-)

Looki

Jarrett's picture

hahaha ok you got me, lol.....

PeterSprague's picture

I'll check the times Jarrett. Thanks for the post.

I noticed some times where outside the norm for the class, but some riders did have issues with chains, throttles, etc. Until I cross verify every bit of time data, there are bound to be mistakes in the data input. One of the reasons the times are unofficial.

Racers were pushing me for their times, so I released what I had without complete results.

Anyone else that feels there data is incorrect, please let me know.

Peter

dhdey's picture

am i blind? i dont see times

flyingcritter's picture

i don't see em either :|

aussie's picture

Oh no I have woken up blind and I dont see the results because Jarrett can see them but us guys cant,What a show!!!!

PeterSprague's picture

Look under the cumulative times column.

Peter

looki's picture

Hey Pete

I beleive the problem is that no one can find the results. There is no visable link to the results or any data showing with in the thread. Perhaps it is set to private and only the grand poopa Jarrett can see it.

Looki

flyingcritter's picture

AHA!

You have to open the page in Mozilla. If you're using Google chrome, you won't see the attachment.

Jarrett's picture

I have created a news update on the homepage so everyone can see these unofficial results.

PeterSprague's picture

These are unofficial times, not results. Racers will need to sort through the data to create their preliminary class results.

I still need to verify the Extreme Enduro tests for the AA riders, all those B rider check situations, etc.

Peter

BMIC's picture

Hey Peter,

The B riders Vet Am class(7) 5 out of the 8 people missed the same check which I believe is the start to the 2nd test. I know I started and completed that test so someone must of lost a sheet somewhere?? Is this something you are still working on? Thanks.

PeterSprague's picture

Please see my comments above as to the B rider data. I've flagged all of it for cross-verification.

We have both the field sheets and the radio report data sheets to go through to sort it out. I will keep working on it.

Any questions with the data, please email me your PN# and an explanation (peter.sprague@bcorma.ca). I'll make sure to review it along with all the other data.

This is why I normally never release race data before it is "official".

Peter

flyingcritter's picture

BMIC's picture

Ya looks like we posted the message at the same time. Thanks for your reply and work on this!!

kitt's picture

Hey peter, my times were off from what I had recorded from my race computer. I sent you an e-mail.

Kitt 7046

Bill Gray's picture

Hey Guys

Just wonder what is happening with the Brentwood Enduro times. Seems a lot of riders are missing times for the B second test.I know I finished all the tests. Perhaps that time should be thrown out then tally up what is left.

Bill 7029

BikerDAD450F's picture

Peter and Jodi are on vacation until early next week, they took their computer and the score sheets with them so they could finish the results. The missing page was found awhile back and that will clear up the missing B rider figures from the second test. Peter will likely have everything sorted by next week.

LarryT.'s picture

Just wondering if anyone knows what is happening with the Brentwood results? Or if I'm just looking in the wrong spot. Thanks

Simon's picture

by BikerDAD450F on Sat, 2011-09-03 12:53
"Peter will likely have everything sorted by next week."

my math tells me it has been almost 2 weeks...........................

what gives? why are the results not up?

kitt's picture

Ha Ha, they must be using your math to figure out the results! Aug 20th to sept 15 is almost 4 weeks- these results also are needed for the overall VIHSS results. Not super cool.

fishlegs's picture

who cares?.as of right now im in 3rd place overall so dont change anything..thanks

fishlegs's picture

i forgot to mention..you can change the results only if i get moved up to 2nd

aussie's picture

The event was a ghost event so we never rode that one but I am missing 70 dollars that never came back with me from that ghost event hmmmm

fishlegs's picture

you obviously havent done the terra nova..i dont find out how i did until the next years event, that way i get to make up great stories as to how awesome i rode and stuff like that....tim always screws up way more than i do though...i know that for sure

looki's picture

Ahhhh... Let’s recap the last three years of the Terra Nova and fishlegs.

3 year ago you almost drown in a river and had to be pulled to shore, Apparently your fishlegs failed you that day :-)

2 Years ago you rode with the spodes and I had to leave you behind...

Last year you lawn darted on the fire road section so bad it took 6 months for you eyes to point in the same direct again.

This year you’re taking 4 Louisiana hillbillys with you when you head into the mountains....squeal piggy squeal….

Jarrett's picture

haha fishlegs always has the best comments. Im STOKED everytime you post something! haha

kitt's picture

I wouldnt mind waiting so long if peter posted some updates once in a while. Even if its just stuff like "dumbledor stole my glasses and i cant see the results"or A quiddich ball came in the window and hit my laptop screen-waiting for replacement"". Anything to know hes still working them out.

250yamaha's picture

How can anyone have any confidence in these results when all I
keep hearing is how messed up they are!

breeze's picture

Feel free to volunteer some of your time to go help Pete out. He's a volunteer himself!

250yamaha's picture

My comment was not to attack Peter or the people that volunteer their time! Overall everything has been very professional and a great experience.I was just trying to say that if times have been lost or misplaced, maybe it would just be best to chalk it up to a "fun ride" and not worry about the results. I enjoyed the ride and have no regrets about making the trip down there with my family for that event, sometimes shit just happens so maybe it would be easiest to toss it and move on to the next one....and I TOTALLY appreciate everything everyone does to put on these races, it has been a lot of fun to race this series!!

Jarrett's picture

Good Comment, we definately need the racers to start thinking about the next upcoming race, not still wondering/thinking about the previous one. If it doesnt work out with this race and the points, what I was thinking of doing for the race was giving all racers that participated in the race work points. Which will be the average of your points from the rest of the series. For some, it may be less points, but others it could be more. Atleast, everyone would get something from it. Hopefully we can all find out soon. RRRRRRReally dont want it to head into October with it being unknown still.

looki's picture

Little bird, just told me to expect results in the next few hours....

looki

breeze's picture

It's important to remember the Brentwood wasn't run under the usual time and laps scorekeeping that is typical with other PN events. When I talked with Pete last sunday he told me "it takes time to cross reference the data". Trying to figure out why Jarrett took 19 mins to complete a special test can be puzzling! Pete's primary goal is to be accurate and show correct results no matter what the time frame.

It's important to remember as well, when your out there racing, YOU are your biggest competitor and you already know how you did against yourself. The rest is just numbers

Jarrett's picture

I swear i wasnt off to the side smoking a J , I swear! I had that kattoomer tapped that test, braaapp, I mean ZING ZING!!!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

web design & hosting by Trevor May of CKA.
content updates by VIDRA

RSS

Site Activity

Recent comments